Upvc door lock repair
UPVC DOOR SERVICES NEAR YOU | NEED TO FIX THE DOOR LOCK? REQUEST LOCAL SPECIALIST NOW
The UPVC door, as an element that is subjected to frequent use, can fail regardless of its quality and the credibility of the manufacturer. Any issues can be quickly and easily eliminated if you entrust the repair work to our experienced locksmith team.
Below are the top 5 reasons for calling us:
- Sagged door.
- Mechanical damage to the lock due to careless operation.
- Worn out or thinned rubber seal.
- Damaged or completely shattered glass unit.
- Flimsy handle.
UPVC DOOR – OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
Problems with the operation of the UPVC door may appear after a long-term operation or immediately upon installation in case of assembly errors. Anyway, it is best to address them as soon as possible. Repairing a plastic door requires specific skills, precision and specialised tools. That is why you should not do it yourself. A sign that the seal is worn out will be a constant draft in the room. For a high-end door, this moment comes in 4-5 years, for budget models in 1.5-2 years.
Every day, the lock is subjected to thousands of repetitive movements, as well as quite a lot of excessive force. An old and faulty lock is difficult to fix, and often the issue will appear again. That is why the best way out of this situation is to buy a new device; especially since they are very cheap. If the lock is difficult to open and you clearly see that the geometry of the structure is compromised, then you need professional replacement service. It takes 20-30 minutes for an experienced specialist to resolve the situation. At the same time, there will be no noise or dust in the room during the work process.
A broken UPVC glass is usually the result of accidental negligence. Our experts provide services for the replacement of the glass unit of the UPVC door. The specialist will be able to determine the possibility of repairing the structure only after inspecting the damage.
The installation of the plastic door with single double-glazed windows does not require a lot of labour. The low weight of the UPVC materials allows avoiding operations for the construction of a massive foundation and supporting structures. The following arguments support this decision:
- Low maintenance costs. Unlike wooden structures, the plastic mechanism doesn’t need to be painted and insulated every winter. It well withstands the effects of the moisture and UV rays. To maintain the product in its original condition, it is recommended to check and clean the fittings once a year, and lubricate the moving parts of the handle.
- Possibility of choosing a door model corresponding to the architectural style of the house. You can order locking systems of any shape – classic rectangular, arched, diamond-shaped, etc. Also, the buyer can choose the colour and texture of the surface such as white, coloured or wood-like.
- Assembly speed. Our employees will complete the task in a short time.
- The sliding structure is in particular demand among the owners of country houses, as it allows, if necessary, to create an open space shared with the garden.
Two lock types are commonly used in a door made of plastic: with and without a latch. The latch keeps the door closed, preventing it from opening from wind or touch. It can be disengaged by pressing or pulling towards you. The lock can be a single-point or multi-point device. The former type has one closing point and doesn’t provide sufficient clamping of the sash to the frame. The latter type is considered to be more burglary resistant, offers thermal insulation and tight fit of the sash to the frame.
At first glance, it may seem that a door made of plastic is such an element in the house that does not have very a complex locking system, but in reality, problems with this product can be numerous:
- The door can be difficult to open or, on the contrary, close.
- The lock may malfunction.
- Plastic can be damaged.
- The structure may require urgent restoration work.
- The lock rubber seal may become loose.
These are just some of the problems that can arise. Each of them has its own specific technology which needs to be applied to eliminate the issue.
Whatever service you need, the most optimal solution would be to invite our specialist.